This is a practical and hands-on Introduction to Interior Design course and will cover the basic fundamentals and concepts of interior design and being an residential and commercial Interior Designer. You will learn the basic principals and elements of interior design and its application with real world interior design projects.
Prerequisite requirement for this course: ‘Pretest’ and the ‘Interior Design Reloaded’ course and have passed the exam for these 2 courses.
The Introduction to Interior Design course will be divided into 3 learning sub-modules: Knowledge Module, Practical Module and Application module. topics to be covered, but not limited to, include the following:
- principals of interior design
- elements of interior design ie: lines, shapes, forms, colors, textures, materials, finishes, furniture, lighting etc.
- styles of interior design
- design theory
- principals of space, spatial systems and spatial structures
- and more…
- introduction to design process in interior design
- project planning and programming
- project analysis
- feasibility studies and reviews
- principals of space planning
- developing a project brief
- defining a project statement
- design techniques and mythologies
- understand drawings and blue prints
- technical and production skills
- project management and coordination
- and more…
- project exercises in residential and commercial interior design projects utilizing the the above Knowledge and Practical modules
Although this course is an introductory course, this is a practical, hands-on Introduction to Interior Design course and will be intense and will cover many subjects of interior design. All the learning materials in the course will be based on real world hands-on skills that reflects how interior design projects are done in the real world. This way, students will actually understand and experience how real world projects are being done as a professional Interior Designer.