Is interior design a good job? Like with any other profession, this is a question that every beginning person should ask before they start their selected training program to become an Interior Designer.
First, lets get this out of the way is that there are no jobs out there in the real world that can be classified as 100% good job including interior design. Please make note that what you will learn in school and in the real world will be very different. That means, you may find interior design to be a very good satisfying job at 100% but once you are out working in the real world being an Interior Designer, your question of ” is interior design a good job? ” most likely will be changed and the good job percentage maybe dropped to 70% or 80% or maybe there is no drop or maybe even an increase of more then 100% that you are loving the job. Different person will have different opinion about their job. Alot of the time, it is the environment you are in that maybe causing the dissatisfaction of the job.
Overall, interior design is a good satisfying job. Lets take a look why interior design is a good job:
- it is creative
- you get to enjoy both the arts and the science
- you get to meet different people
- no interior design project is the same which makes it interesting and challenging
- learning every day and on every project you work on. there is always something new to learn
- you get to travel
- you get to be invited to events, parties and exciting project openings etc.
- you get to draw and sketch
- work on interesting interior design projects
- you get to design and create your own style
- if you operate your own interior design business and be more profitable
- there is no absolute requirement for licencing as an Interior Designer
- can work any where in the world
- there are many areas you can diversify in interior design
- and much more
We have looked at many of the good points of the job for interior design, lets be fair, lets take a look at the no so good points of the job:
- deadlines can be stressful at times
- if you are working on multiple projects at the same time, again, can be stressful and exhausting
- sometime, your team members or clients can be abit hard to work with
As you can see, overall, there are a large number of good points being an Interior Designer and only a few not so good points. Every profession will always have something that will be not so good about their job. Therefore, every person will have judge for them self if the good points will out weight or override the bad points.
So, is interior design a good job? Yes it is.
Is Interior Design a Good Job Summary
- No project is the same and every project is unique and interesting
- interior design is a creative profession
- you get to draw and design
- is a skill you can use anywhere in the world
- you can open your own interior design business
- to be an Interior Designer, you don’t necessary need to go to University. You can self learn as well
- can have unlimited income potential if you have your own design business
- is a respected profession
- and much more