How to become an Interior Designer after 12th is to ensure you have the require courses and admission requirements to study interior design. First it is important to find out if being an Interior Designer is what you like as a career. Find out as much as you can to learn about being an Interior Designer. Sometime take a few short courses online or offline can provide you some more insight to become an Interior Designer.
Once you have determined that being an Interior Designer is your career goal, you need to then determine how you wish to achieve your interior design training. How to become an Interior Designer after 12th will require further training. The type of training require can be determined by how you wish to invest your time and financially. If you wish to go to an University or College, you will need to invest 4-5 years of full time study with over $10,000+ USD tuition fees inorder to complete your training to become an Interior Design after 12th. Therefore, for many it is important to ensure interior design is what you want to do.
How to Become an Interior Designer After 12th Step by Step Guide
- find out as much as you can about being an Interior Designer
- determine if you wish to be an Interior Designer or an Interior Decorator
- take a few short interior design courses to learn more about the career. This is the best way to learn about being an Interior Designer before spending and investing large sum of money and time into an education
- determine your available time and finance investment require for your interior design education
- determine if you wish to get your training online or with in-person classes such as University or College etc.
- ensure you have the prerequisite courses to enter into interior design school and this may include, literature courses, arts, math, science and other courses.
- ensure you have prepared a portfolio of your work inorder to enter into interior design school. Some interior design school may ask for a portfolio. If you do not have a portfolio, take some courses online or in-person inorder to create a portfolio.
- ensure your training program consist of both theory and practical training in interior design
- select your interior design training method and start your program
- during your study, start freelancing. This will provide you real world experiences and learn how to deal with clients and project. Don’t worry about how much you get paid so much at this time.
- During your time off from school such as summer holidays, try to find a job related to interior design.
- now you should have some experiences in interior design and how this profession works. Start planning your career goals such as how do you see yourself as an Interior Designer 3, 5, or 10 years from now? etc.
- completed your interior design training
- once you have completed your training, it is always a good idea to work for an interior design company for a while inorder to gain real world working experiences
- continue freelancing or start your interior design business on the side
- once you have some real world experiences, either continue to work with a company or you may wish to start out on your own full time