How to know if interior design is for you can depends on your interest and even how you live your everyday life. Alot of time, you may not even be aware that you are already a hobbyist Designer or an hobbyist Interior Designer. Here are some clues that may make you a good candidate for interior design:
- do you comment on interior of spaces whenever you are in spaces such as coffee shops, someone’s home or when you are in a restaurant?
- do you like to rearrange furniture for your home or your bedroom or even someone’s room?
- do you like to draw?
- do you like design your own things? ie: greeting cards? Tables? Candle holders etc?
- do you always like to create and make things?
- do you enjoy shopping for house hold items such as lighting fixtures, type of fridges or stoves, curtains, drapes and other accessories etc?
- Do you like to beautify things making things more visually appealing?
- Do you like to comment the function of things and how you think you can make better things functionally? ie: a better kitchen layout?
- Do you enjoy planning things such as an event, an outing with friends and family etc?
- Do you like styles? ie: fashion styles? Style of shoes etc?
- do you enjoy artworks or the arts?
- do you enjoy visually appealing things?
The above are just some of the items you may find yourselves to be already doing. If you know that you are doing some of them, you may know if interior design is for you and you may be a good candidate for interior design. However, rather you have the above interests or not, interior design is a creative, fun and exciting career. Above all, how to know if interior design is for you if you like creativity and you are more of a visual person, then interior design will most likely be a good career choice for you. Don’t worry even if you have no interest at all but still interested in interior design, interior design can be learned and eventually passion for it will be developed. Many people enter into interior design without any knowledge about what it is and have became successful becoming an Interior Designer.
If you enjoy creativity, interior design can be a good career choice with unlimited career potential
A good strategy to know how to know if interior design is for you is to take a few short courses in interior design rather online or in-person at your local post secondary schools. This way, you will find out if interior design is for you and if you have interest to become an Interior Designer.
How to Know If Interior Design is For You Summary
- take a closer look at some of the things you enjoy doing regularly. This may tell you if interior design is for you or not
- if you enjoy creativity, there is a good chance interior design is for you
- if you like visually appealing things, you are a good candidate for interior design
- take a few short interior design courses, you will get to learn more about interior design and you will find out if interior design is something you wish to persuade further
- interior design is a fun and exciting career