If I want to be an Interior Designer and enter into the interior design industry, I will need to first understand what interior design is and then I will need to plan my path to become an Interior Designer.
Planning to become an Interior Designer will involve 6 basic tasks:
- Decide if I want to be an Interior Designer or an Interior Decorator. Once this is decided then move on to the next step…
- Decide and plan how I want to train myself to become an Interior Designer. ie: Going to college to study interior design? Taking an online interior design program? Self-study? What training programs are available out there? etc.
- Decide how I am going to finance my training to become an Interior Designer and review my current financial situation.
- Decide on how much time I can invest in my interior design training? ie: 3 months? 6 months? 1 year or 4 years? Part time or full time study?
- Perform any additional research work if required.
- Finalize the path and start to train to be an Interior Designer.
I want to be an Interior Designer Summary
- the strategy is to plan, plan and plan and never stop planning about your career
- enjoy what you do and develop a passion for interior design
- most likely, interior design will find the passion for you. interior design is an exciting career
- when times are tough or when you are stressed, always remember ” I want to be an Interior Designer“
- for the beginner interior design students, before invest alot of time and money for the interior designer training, try some shorter courses first just to get a taste of interior design
- find an interior designer training program that will provide you real world practical training and experiences. This will prepare you for the real world with real projects