Should I become an Interior Designer for residential and commercial interior design? You should be an Interior Designer if you are interested in design and/or have the passion in design especially interior design. As an Interior Designer, you can be designing not just interiors but also many other things such as furniture, millworks, product design, graphic design, signage, exhibition design, finishes and materials and sometime even buildings. So being an Interior Designer is very diversified and open doors to many other opportunities in the area of design developments. Therefore, if you enjoy the arts and design, being an Interior design is right for you.
If you are still not sure you wish to become an Interior Design or not, you can always try out a few courses in interior design to learn more about the industry. Some interior design program may even provide you courses with design projects so you can get hands-on on some real world projects and see whats it like to design interiors and other things.
Should I become an Interior Designer Summary
- first see if you have the interest and passion for design and interior design
- do you like to decorate your home? your room?
- do you always think how the layout of a room could be different and be improved?
- do you like to pick out the right furniture light fixtures etc for your home?
- try a few interior design courses to see if you truly enjoy interior design
- choose an interior design course with project design practice