What do Interior Designers do on a daily base? The type of work or daily tasks Interior Designers do depends the designer is working for a company or if they are operating their own interior design office or not and if the Interior Designer is working for a design office, and depending on the type of position, what the Interior Designer do can be very different.
However, there are overall some general tasks or work an Interior Designer do on a daily base. Lets take a look at them:
What do Interior Designers do list (most common tasks):
1. meeting with clients
2. meeting with suppliers and sales representatives
3. drawing, coloring and sketching
4. drafting (manual or computer drafting)
5. reviewing design drawings
6. talking on the phone
7. meeting with consulting teams such Architects and Engineers
8. visiting project sites
9. lunch meetings
10. design presentations
11. 3D modeling
12. selecting interior finishes and materials
13. and many more…
Other task an Interior Designer do also can include traveling, attending to invited events, attending interior design classes, project planning, marketing, taking clients for dinners and etc.
The best part about being an Interior Designer is you get to be creative working on challenging projects
If an Interior Designer is operating his/her own interior design practice, what the Interior Designer can do can be very diversified. Overall, what do Interior Designers do can be very exciting as the interior design profession is a very creative and also an exciting career.
What do Interior Designers Do Summary:
- there are general and there more specific daily task an Interior Designer will do depending on the office they are in and their work experiences.
- common tasks are designing, drafting, meetings and color/materials/finishes selection.
- as an Interior Designer, you get to meet different people all the time.
- as a newly Interior Designer, get involve with every stage of a given interior design project inorder to learn more about how real project works in the real world
- ensure to learn to manage and coordinate a interior design project
- what do Interior Designers do will be based on the experiences on an Interior Designer.
- the more experiences you have as an Interior Designer, the more you can do as an Interior Designer.